Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Time Is Coming...

This evening I was at school thinking about the time I have left until my due date and how close it really is. It is so exciting and awe striking to think my son could be born tomorrow because he is completely developed... I really hope I am ready for this little one. I am so ready to be done being pregnant but so unsure of my abilities as a good mother.

As the days pass and the day I see Kai's face draws nearer I pray that I can be the mother he deserves. There are so many things in my life that make me feel so unworthy of the miracle of motherhood. I fall more and more in love with Kai everyday, and I hope that despite the mistakes I may make in raising him that he knows I really love him. The responsibility of guiding the pure spirit and soul of my child toward the path of godliness is a responsibility I do not take lightly... All I can do is take each moment as it comes and try not to get worried about how I am going to raise him tomorrow.

Lord, the time is coming that I have to give birth and there are times that I am fearful of this gateway into this new stage of my life. Give me the grace to face the unknown. Bless my son and keep him in Your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment