Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh No! Not the Transmission!

My hubby and I have a car.... It is the first car a have ever owned and so far it has caused me a lot of grief. Transmissions are expensive business... The torque corverter had been rebuilt as well as good many things around it about two years ago. The torque converter is something the is only found in automatic cars. It acts as a clutch - without it (in an automatic) the engine would cut out if you tried to stop the vehicle.

My car had transmission trouble back before Thanksgiving and we had it "repaired" for under $150. I thought "wow this is awesome!" Ans thought nothing of it for weeks. Well right before Christmas it died again. I couldn't even go 5miles per hour without the RPMs going way above 4.

Yesterday, back to the shop it went. This time the real repairs are costing around 2K and we have a really reliable machanice who specializes in transmissions work on it. All I can say is thank God for my hubby's parents becuase we sure don't have the money. They are covering the whole bill.

As for traspertation to and from school Monday and Tuesday I get to ride a train for the first time in my life! I am a little nervous since I have never done it before, but I am sure it can't be too complicated... I hope...

2 comments:

  1. Riding a train is not that bad, just sit in a little on seat in the corner by your self, and i'm sure you'll be fine. Luv Ya. and good luck

    ReplyDelete